Monday 15 January 2018

New Work, Extended Ideas, New Adventures

'Over the Hills and Far Away,' (China series) acrylic and ink on canvas, 70 x 50 cm
For this post I am just going to add a few new paintings made in the last two weeks. January tends to be quite a busy month because of applying for new opportunities and getting new work ready. It is exciting and also requires much work to follow leads in the work and follow leads to new opportunities.

'Paint-Poem,' acrylic and ink on MDF, 80 x 63 cm
I am also re-posting a few paintings I posted last time which were not of good resolution. 

'When Will We Walk in the Land Again?' acrylic and ink on canvas, 30 x 22 cm

'Don't Worry, Spring Will Soon Be Here,' acrylic and ink on canvas, 30 x 22 cm

I am trying out some ideas about colour and space along with my interest in calligraphy and how places can be suggested with these elements layered and combined. 
'Walking Through Broken Structures,' ink and acrylic on canvas, 65 x 55 cm

I joined Instagram just over a week ago and I have found the instant viewing of artwork really quite helpful to my own practice and in particular the way that paintings can be saved in a private album. This has enabled me to collate work by some of my favourite artists and to have those works in one place. I always look at the work of other artists as a source of inspiration and a reminder that there are no rules, only your own!

'Going Home,' acrylic and ink on MDF, 80 x 65 cm

No comments:

Post a Comment