Thursday 11 July 2013

Fresh Visual Impressions



'Journey to East Peckham,' oil on canvas, 40 x 30cm
 
Sometimes it is hard to break into your rhythm when you are fully into your painting ideas. It's so exciting, and you just want to keep going! But I'm going away on holiday on Saturday, to Cyprus, and so for a few weeks the oil paints will lie unused. My husband laughed when he saw me packing watercolour paper and watercolours, but I feel that I can't let my hand lie idle. Images are pushing to be explored, so at least I can work on paper, and who knows what may emerge, given the different light, and a new environment? Unexpected elements can suddenly pop up, because the fresh visual impressions always overlap with existing ideas, and may even turn out to be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment