Sunday 21 April 2013

Watching and Waiting

'Watching and Waiting,' oil and acrylic on canvas, 60 x 45cm

In 48 hours I'll be in Latvia, on the bus travelling to Daugavpils. It takes about three and a half hours so I expect to arrive around 10pm, and then the next day, Wednesday 24th April, I'll be attending the Grand Opening of the New Mark Rothko Centre. I'm very excited, as there are already a number of exhibitions in the Centre, and I'm hoping to see my own paintings in the Centre, along with work by the other residents (and to post photos on my return). As yet, I'm only certain that two of the other residents will be there. I will miss the group a lot but it will be lovely to see the Committee members, Farida and Maris again.

I'm back on Friday evening, and then it's back to work! I finished 3 canvases this week, one is being 'considered' for further changes, and I began a new canvas called 'Paphos Walkway,' a vertical format which has thrown up some entirely new elements and imagery, so something exciting to return to. I've also been drawing like crazy, and have numerous spontaneously calligraphic compostions to evolve.

It's been a busy time. I delivered my painting to the Royal Academy on April 11th. It was the first time I didn't have to queue, and I was there in total for around 15 minutes! I'd spent ages the previous day neatening the edges of my painting, as it sits in a black 'box' frame, and hope that the painting may catch their attention. At the same time, I was anxiously waiting to hear if my submission for the Painting Center (New York) had arrived intact. I was really pleased to hear last week that the CD, application form, and payment reached the Center.
'After the Long Hard Winter, it was Time for a Picnic,' (3) oil and acrylic on canvas, 60 x 45cm

No comments:

Post a Comment