Monday 28 December 2009

Last Exhibition of 2009




This was one of the most exciting shows I've taken part in. The gallery was the 3, Bedfordbury Gallery in Covent Garden, and was one of the most perfect galleries I've seen, from the perspective of lighting, space, and location. My 3 paintings were at the top of the stairs, on the first floor, a great way for your work to be encountered, and the lighting came from both ceiling lights and a window, and was very favourable to my colours. I liked the layout of the gallery, which was over 3 floors, and when I arrived in the evening for the Private View (10th December), the spire of nearby St. Martins' church was magically illuminated by the street lamps. The narrow streets around the gallery were overflowing with small shops and Pubs, and the atmosphere was quintessential London. Being near to Covent Garden, the streets were a stream of shoppers, and the exhibition was well received.

I showed 2 landscapes and a 'Women in the Turkish Baths' canvas.

2 comments:

  1. hi fiona, really nice blog and ur paintng is really awesome, I wanna appreciate ur work ,i suggest that u should go for blog advertising & marketing there is a website called called Blogerzoom.com They are offering very unique features with cheap prices. the team of blogerzoom will promote ur blog through all over the network , all u have to do is choose a pack plus pay affordable prices and rest leave it to blogerzoom advertising team to promote ur blog in every networks and see how u enjoy a lot of traffic plus good earnings from ur blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your use of color; so bright and energetic. The Turkish Baths painting is my favorite. I once got to go to a Turkish bath in Istanbul, and it was a truly incredible experience. Very different than anything I'd ever experienced.

    ReplyDelete